Kirk Cousins vs. Justin Herbert in Week 3: Vikings vs. Chargers Preview, Stats
Which team has the advantage under center when Kirk Cousins and the Minnesota Vikings (0-2) square off against Justin Herbert and the Los Angeles Chargers (0-2) at U.S. Bank Stadium on September 24? For detailed analysis on how we expect these two signal callers to play in this matchup, read on.
Vikings vs. Chargers Game Info
- Game Date: Sunday, September 24, 2023
- Time: 1:00 PM ET
- Venue: U.S. Bank Stadium
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- TV: FOX
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Want to rep Cousins this season? Head to Fanatics to find jerseys, shirts, and much more.
Kirk Cousins vs. Justin Herbert Matchup
|Kirk Cousins||2022 Stats||Justin Herbert|
|4,547 (267.5)||Passing Yards (Per Game)||4,739 (278.8)|
|97 (5.7)||Rushing Yards (Per game)||147 (8.6)|
Sportsbook Promo Codes
|BetMGM||GNPLAY1||First Bet Offer: Up to $1500 Back in Bonus Bets|
|Caesars||Click Here||New Users: Bet $50 Get $250|
|FanDuel||Click Here||Bet $5 Get $200 in Bonus Bets|
|PointsBet||Click Here||2x Second Chance Bets Up To $2,000|
Other Matchup Previews
- Click here for Jordan Love vs. Derek Carr in Week 3
- Click here for Matthew Stafford vs. Joe Burrow in Week 3
- Click here for Gardner Minshew vs. Lamar Jackson in Week 3
- Click here for Kenny Pickett vs. Jimmy Garoppolo in Week 3
- Click here for Tua Tagovailoa vs. Russell Wilson in Week 3
Chargers Defensive Stats
- Last year, the Chargers were middle-of-the-pack in points allowed (22.6 per game), ranking 21st in the NFL.
- When it came to defending the pass, Los Angeles' defense was firing on all cylinders, with 3,406 passing yards allowed last season (seventh-fewest in NFL).
- Against the run, the Chargers ranked 28th in the league in rushing yards allowed per game with 145.8, and they ranked 21st in rushing TDs allowed (17).
- Defensively, Los Angeles ranked 11th in the NFL in terms of red-zone efficiency allowed, with a mark of 52.1%. It was 11th in third-down percentage allowed at 39.2%.
Who comes out on top when the Vikings and the Chargers square off? Use our link to sign up at BetMGM for a first-time deposit bonus and place your bets today!
Vikings Defensive Stats
- Last year, the Vikings had trouble keeping opponents out of the end zone, giving up 25.1 points per game (31st in NFL).
- When it came to stopping the pass, Minnesota was bottom-10 in passing yards allowed last season, ceding the second-most passing yards in the NFL with 4,515 (265.6 per game). It also ranked 30th in yards allowed per pass attempt (7.3).
- Against the run, the Vikings' defense ranked 20th in the NFL with 2,093 rushing yards allowed (123.1 per game) and 23rd with 18 rushing touchdowns allowed.
- Defensively, Minnesota ranked 21st in the NFL in terms of red-zone efficiency allowed, with a mark of 57.1%. It was 21st in third-down efficiency allowed at 38.1%.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.