Twins vs. Astros Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 31
The Houston Astros (32-22) will look to Chas McCormick, on a two-game homer streak, against the Minnesota Twins (28-27) at 8:10 PM ET on Wednesday, at Minute Maid Park.
The probable pitchers are Hunter Brown (5-1) for the Astros and Louie Varland (2-1) for the Twins.
Twins vs. Astros Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Wednesday, May 31, 2023
- Time: 8:10 PM ET
- TV: SportsNet SW
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Venue: Minute Maid Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Brown - HOU (5-1, 3.28 ERA) vs Varland - MIN (2-1, 4.24 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Twins Injury Report|
|Astros vs Twins Betting Trends & Stats|
|Astros vs Twins Player Props|
|How to Watch Astros vs Twins|
|Astros vs Twins Odds|
|Astros vs Twins Prediction|
Twins Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Louie Varland
- The Twins will send Varland (2-1) out to make his seventh start of the season. He is 2-1 with a 4.24 ERA and 34 strikeouts over 34 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty's most recent appearance was on Saturday against the Toronto Blue Jays, when he tossed six innings, surrendering three earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- The 25-year-old has put up an ERA of 4.24, with 9 strikeouts per nine innings in six games this season. Opponents are hitting .259 against him.
- Varland is trying to secure his fifth quality start of the year in this matchup.
- Varland is seeking his fifth straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.7 innings per start.
Astros Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Hunter Brown
- The Astros will send Brown (5-1) to the mound for his 11th start this season.
- The right-hander gave up two earned runs in seven innings pitched on Saturday in his last outing, a matchup with the Oakland Athletics.
- The 24-year-old has an ERA of 3.28, a 3.67 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.197 in 10 games this season.
- He's looking to extend his two-game quality start streak.
- Brown will look to finish five or more innings for the fourth start in a row.
- Among qualified pitchers in the majors this year, the 24-year-old ranks 24th in ERA (3.28), 38th in WHIP (1.197), and 15th in K/9 (10.3).
Hunter Brown vs. Twins
- The Twins are batting .231 this season, 24th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .403 (16th in the league) with 74 home runs.
- The right-hander has faced the Twins one time this season, allowing them to go 2-for-21 with a double in seven innings.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.