VIDEO: E-cigarette explodes in man's pants

OWENSBORO, KY (Valley News Live) - Surveillance video from a convenience store in Kentucky captures the possible dangers associated with e-cigarettes.

As the man stands at the counter, you can see fire shooting out of his pants pocket as he desperately tries to put them out. He says a battery from his e-cigarette exploded while he was at a register.

Another person in the convenience store bolts out the door. The confused clerk couldn't quite register what he was seeing.

"I was shocked! I was like what was that? You have a bomb in your pocket? I was like that! You carry your bomb in your pocket? I was totally shocked and just like this my hands were on my head," said employee Manoj Kumar.

The man at the register runs outside and someone comes with a fire extinguisher to help put out the flames. The man says he has second-degree burns on his leg, but is able to walk.