Apartment deck fire on Villa Drive South caused by cigarette butts

By  | 

FARGO, N.D. (Valley News Live) The Fargo Fire Department responded to an apartment deck fire on Saturday.

The fire team arrived to 2561 Villa Drive South around 7:30 p.m to find an improperly disposed coffee can full of cigarette butts on the deck of a third floor apartment on fire.

The homeowner's brother had gone out on the deck to smoke when he noticed the flames.

The Fire Captain says they used a portable fire extinguisher to make sure the fire was out and to cool down any hot spots.

The fire caused minor damages to the apartment deck estimated at $2,500.