NDSU’s Vargas, Omaha’s Dargy Earn Weekly Honors
North Dakota State sophomore Paige Vargas has been named the Summit League Pitcher of the Week, while Omaha’s Emma Dargy earned her second-straight player of the week accolade.
Vargas picked up two wins on the weekend, as she recorded a 1.13 ERA in 18.2 innings of work. The right-hander tossed her third career one-hitter and ninth career shutout against Southeastern Louisiana. On the weekend, the Mission Viejo, Calif., native notched eight strikeouts.
Dargy helped the Mavericks split a series against New Mexico State and hit .429 overall. She hit the go-ahead two-run home run in the top of the eighth in a 7-5 victory in game three of the series. In total, Dargy hit two home runs, two doubles drove in nine runs and scored five runs.
Player of the Week
Emma Dargy, Omaha
Sr. | Third Base | La Vista, Neb.
• Hit the go-ahead two-run home run in game three against the Aggies
• Picked up six hits including two doubles and totaled two home runs, while earning a weekend batting average of .429 and a slugging percentage of 1.000
• Named player of the week for the second-straight week
Also nominated: Stephanie Soriano, North Dakota State; Morganne Denny, Purdue Fort Wayne; Courtney Wilson, South Dakota; Angel Love, North Dakota; Kellie Marcheschi, Western Illinois; Kelsey Lenox, South Dakota State
Pitcher of the Week
Paige Vargas, North Dakota State
So. | Pitcher | Mission Viejo, Calif.
• Earned two wins at the Florida Bubly Invitational and posted a 1.13 ERA
• Struck out eight in 18.2 innings of work
• Notched third career one-hitter and ninth career shutout against Southeastern Louisiana
• Earned first career pitcher of the week honor