Overheated wires cause Grand Forks garage fire

Grand Forks, ND – At 1:30PM today, the Grand Forks Fire Department responded to 1615 9th Ave N. for a unattached garage that was involved with fire.

First arriving Fire Engines found smoke coming from the attic vent and the overhead garage door. The fire started in the ceiling area and spread into the attic. Homeowners were home at the time and partially extinguished the fire prior to crews arrival. Crews used a small amount of water and the fire was under control at about 1:40PM. Cause of the fire was determined to be overheated wires. No injuries were reported.

GFFD responded with 4 fire engines, 1 ladder truck, and a command vehicle.

Grand Forks Police Dept. and Altru Ambulance responded to the scene and assisted.