Kitchen fire in Grand Forks leaves home owners with $5000 worth of damages

MGN

GRAND FORKS, N.D. (VALLEY NEWS LIVE)-- At approximately 3:48 p.m. on Saturday, July 13, the Grand Forks Fire Department was dispatched to 2299 S. 34th St. Suite 1 for a report of a fire in the kitchen.

Crews arrived on scene to find smoke showing from the unit. Crews entered the structure and extinguished a small fire on the stove top with an extinguisher.

Damage was contained to the immediate area around the stove and estimated to be under $5,000. The occupants were allowed to re-occupy the structure at the time of our clearing from the scene.

The Grand Forks Fire Department responded with five engines, one truck, and one command vehicle with seventeen personnel.

The occupants of the unit were assessed by Altru Paramedics on scene and were not transported to the hospital. There were no firefighter injuries. The Fire Department was assisted by the Grand Forks Police Department and Altru Ambulance.