The Grand Forks Health Department says an individual from Grand Forks County has been identified has having West Nile virus.
The Health Department continues to urge citizens to take extra precautions to avoid being bitten by mosquitoes. Most human cases of WNV occur during August and September.
To help reduce your risk of getting West Nile virus, the Health Department recommends the following protective measures:
• Use insect repellent that contains DEET.
• Limit outdoor activities between dusk and dawn when mosquitoes are most active.
• Wear long pants and long-sleeved shirts when possible.
• Eliminate standing water around homes (e.g., buckets, flowerpots, old tires, wading pools and
• Keep the grass around your home trimmed.