It's raining buckets inside one Fargo home, while hole in roof awaits repair

Fargo A flash flood warning was in effect Monday night here in the metro area after heavy rain. It left a North Fargo woman with flooding in her mobile home. She contacted our Whistleblower Hotline, saying her insurance company needs to act before her entire roof caves in. We watched as the leaks went from bad to worse.

The expression "raining buckets” shouldn't apply to inside your home.

"This was my forever home,” North Fargo resident, Renae Mund, said. “I was gonna die here. I've been here 10 years, when I came in I completely gutted it out, redid the whole thing. Worked really hard at it."

We watched as rain pouring from outside, filled Mund’s 16-gallon bucket inside—she dumped it and it filled right back up again three times during our visit.

"It was leaking in the cracks and then in the kitchen,” Mund’s daughter, Kimberly Elayyne, said. “But yeah, this happened all last night."

Elayyne first drove back from California on June 29—the day her mother’s top roof blew off in the big storm.

"It was full of holes,” Mund said, “then we put another roof on top of that, that's what came off."

Neighbors helped Mund temporarily cover it back up. Four days later, an insurance agent showed up. According to Elayyne, the agent spent just five to 10 minutes going through the home.

"I feel like he should have had, took more time in the house,” Elayyne said, “he should have took more time asking my mom questions, asking what they could do…or had someone come out maybe patch this."

Elayyne says a simple patch could have kept them in the home a bit longer without needing to go to a hotel.

"I think eventually it would have happened like this,” she said, “but it could have given us maybe a couple weeks, a little bit longer."

A bit longer, until the claim went through. Once the agent came by, he said it would take seven to 10 days for coverage to go through.

Mund's insurance, American Modern Insurance Group, says they offered her temporary accommodations.

Mund says the hole wasn't so bad at first, and she wanted to stay in her home. But once the rain started coming, she was unable to get hold of the insurance company again, until Valley News Live reached out to the company for this story.

A communications officer with the group tells us the company is glad we reached out about this issue, because they didn't realize things had gotten much more severe over there. We’re told the company is communicating with Mund to get the situation fixed. Since we went out there, the ceiling had fallen in, leaving a larger hole. We’ll continue to update the story as it progresses.