FARGO, N.D. – The City of Fargo Forestry Department will resume chipping brush placed on the curb, beginning May 1 and continuing through October 31. The brush collection day will coincide with the resident’s City of Fargo recycling day. Please keep the below guidelines in mind:
• Brush must be placed on the boulevard by 7 am coinciding with the recycling day.
• Please separate brush from logs; all must be 10 inches or less in diameter.
• Stumps and roots will not be collected.
• Brush placed in containers or bags will not be picked up.
• Piles that exceed two pickup loads fall outside of the guidelines and could take multiple weeks to completely remove. The landfill will take all brush, roots, and stumps free of charge throughout the year with proof of residency; homeowners can also contact a commercial tree service for hauling at their own expense.
• When hiring a contractor for pruning or removals, it will be the responsibility of the property owner or contractor to dispose of brush at the landfill.
If you need additional information, residents are encouraged to contact the Forestry Department at 701.241.1465.