Crews respond to reports of natural gas smell at GF high school
It was a busy morning at Grand Forks Central High School when police and fire crews responded to reports of a gas leak.
Dispatch tells Valley News Live the call for the reported leak came in around 9:25 Tuesday morning to the school.
The school sent a message to families around 10 a.m. saying that students were moved into the gym and the heating system was turned off while authorities investigated.
Around 10:45 a.m., an 'all clear' was given to students and staff and activities continued as usual.
The Grand Forks Fire Department says they were not able to find a leak at the school and didn't find a presence of natural gas in the air.
Xcel Energy is headed to the school to further investigate.