Advertisement

Crews respond to reports of natural gas smell at GF high school

MGN image of a natural gas line.
MGN image of a natural gas line.(KMVT)
Published: Nov. 5, 2019 at 11:14 AM CST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

It was a busy morning at Grand Forks Central High School when police and fire crews responded to reports of a gas leak.

Dispatch tells Valley News Live the call for the reported leak came in around 9:25 Tuesday morning to the school.

The school sent a message to families around 10 a.m. saying that students were moved into the gym and the heating system was turned off while authorities investigated.

Around 10:45 a.m., an 'all clear' was given to students and staff and activities continued as usual.

The Grand Forks Fire Department says they were not able to find a leak at the school and didn't find a presence of natural gas in the air.

Xcel Energy is headed to the school to further investigate.