The Sanford Roger Maris Cancer Center is once again hosting the 61 for 61 fundraiser this weekend. Funds raised will be going back to the center to help their patients, programs, nurses and much more. From a cookout to the Home Run Walk, the community can participate in a number of different ways!
Below is a schedule of events:
Friday, Sept. 7
* 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. – 61 For 61 radiothon broadcast live on 107.9 The FOX from the Family Fare at 3175 25th St. S., Fargo.
* 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. – Silent auction inside the tent in the parking lot next to the radiothon broadcast at Family Fare.
* 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. – Sign the honor/memorial wall in honor of a loved one at Family Fare on 25th Street S.
* 6:30 a.m. to midnight – Fargo-Moorhead Taco John’s locations will feature $0.61 hard-shell tacos with proceeds going to Sanford Roger Maris Cancer Center.
* 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. – Cookouts at all Family Fare locations in Fargo-Moorhead. Purchase a bratwurst, hamburger or hot dog, with chips and refreshments. Proceeds benefit the cancer center.
* 3 to 6 p.m. – Registration and packet pickup for the Roger Maris Cancer Center Home Run Walk.
Saturday, Sept. 8
* Roger Maris Cancer Center Home Run Walk starting at Sanford Southpointe Clinic, 2400 32nd Ave. S., Fargo.
* 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. – Packet pickup and on-site registration
* 8:30 a.m. – Welcome
* 8:45 a.m. – Home Run Walk 5K and 1-mile color run/walk starts
To register ahead of time for the Home Run Walk, click on the link https://sanfordhealthfoundation.org/61-for-61-and-home-run-walk/