happy national scotch day everyone! we're celebrating with a delicious dessert made with scotch!
Scotch chocolate chip blondies recipe:
Dairy & egg free. Vegan.
• 3 1⁄2 cups flour
• 1 teaspoons baking powder
• 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1 cup semisweet vegan chocolate chips
• 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
• 1/2 cup oil
• 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup Scotch whiskey
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and chocolate chips.
3. In another large bowl, mix the brown sugar, oil, applesauce, vanilla, and scotch until well incorporated.
4. Add the flour mixture to the brown sugar mixture and mix just until no flour shows.
5. Pour mixture into a lightly oiled 9x13 inch pan and flatten out.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Test with a toothpick for doneness.
7. Let cool 10 minutes before cutting into bars.
8. Optional: Sprinkle with powdered sugar for garnish.