(North Dakota Today) - It's time to spend less time in the kitchen so you can spend more of your time outside or with Mom on her special day this weekend. 702 Communications's Brian Crommett shares a mouth watering recipe that you can make in technology's hottest kitchen gadget: the Instant Pot.
Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork:
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time1 hr 30 mins
Total Time1 hr 40 mins
· 4 lb Pork Shoulder
· 1 cup BBQ Sauce (plus more for sandwiches)
· 1 tbsp Liquid Smoke
· ½ cup Cider vinegar
• 1/2 cup/120 mL brown sugar
• 1/4 cup/60 mL paprika
• 1 tablespoon/15 mL black pepper
• 1 tablespoon/15 mL salt
• 1 tablespoon/15 mL chili powder
• 1 tablespoon/15 mL garlic powder
• 1 tablespoon/15 mL onion powder
• 1 teaspoon/5 mL cayenne
1. Half or quarter pork shoulder.
2. Mix BBQ seasoning together and liberally coat the pork.
3. Add cider vinegar and liquid smoke to instant pot.
4. Place pork in the Instant Pot and pour BBQ sauce and liquid smoke over meat.
5. Secure lid on Instant Pot, turn venting to "Sealed", and set Pressure Cook for 90 minutes.
6. After 90 minutes carefully release the steam by turning knob to "Venting".
7. Remove the lid, and using two forks, shred the pulled pork.
1. Serve the pulled pork on a hamburger bun and drizzle with additional BBQ sauce as desired.