Black smoke rolls from RV on fire near gas station

RV on Fire near Casey's General Store in south Fargo.
RV on Fire near Casey's General Store in south Fargo.(Jonathan Moore)
Published: Sep. 18, 2023 at 9:41 AM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

FARGO, N.D. (Valley News Live) - A recreational vehicle is a total loss after catching fire in south Fargo Monday morning.

The initial call came in after 9:00 a.m. at 5680 23rd Avenue South in Fargo, which is on the corner of 23rd Avenue South and Veterans Boulevard.

Black smoke filled the air as fire fighters worked to get the flames out and the road was closed for a short time due to explosions in the RV. Battalion Chief Joe Mangin said it took crews about 7 minutes to get the fire out, but the owner’s lost everything.

“They had just loaded for a two-year trip, they were heading to New York, so he had a lot of his possessions in it, but he had just pulled it out of storage,” Mangin explains.

The cause of the fire and cost of the damage is part of the ongoing investigation. Mangin says it’s possible that rodents chewed some of the wiring while the RV was in storage, sparking the fire.