NDT- Cooking with Cash-Wa – Bananas Foster
FARGO, N.D. (Valley News Live) - Ingredients:
1 ounce butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 tablespoon banana liqueur
3 tablespoons rum
2 each bananas, split and cut in half
1. In a 10″ saute pan, combine butter, sugar, and cinnamon.
2. As the butter melts under medium heat, add the orange juice and banana liquor and stir to combine.
3. As the sauce starts to cook, peel and add the bananas to the pan. Cook the bananas until they begin to soften (about 1-2 minutes)
4. Tilt back the pan to slightly heat the far edge. Once hot, move the pan away from the flame, add the rum and place the pan back on the heat tilting the pan toward the flame to ignite the rum. Stir the sauce to ensure that all of the alcohol cooks out.
5. Serve cooked bananas over ice cream and top with the sauce in the pan.
Copyright 2023 KVLY. All rights reserved.