Minnesota DOT’s annual Name a Snowplow contest returns for third year
ST. PAUL, Minn. (Valley News Live) - The Minnesota Department of Transportation is once again inviting the public to help name another round of eight snowplows.
The submission form will be open through Friday, December 16 and the link will also be shared across MnDOT’s social media accounts.
MnDOT encourages Minnesotans to submit their most witty, unique and Minnesota- or winter-themed snowplow names on the agency’s website. After the submission form closes on Dec. 16, MnDOT staff will review all the submissions, select some of the best ideas, and invite the public to vote on their favorites in January 2023. The eight names that get the most votes will then make their way onto a snowplow in each district!
This year’s contest includes a few basic rules:
- Each person may only submit one name.
- Submissions are limited to no more than 30 characters (including letters and spaces).
- Gosh darn it, nothing vulgar please. Any submissions that include profanity or other inappropriate language will not be considered.
- Politically inspired names (including phrases, slogans or plays on politicians’ names) will not be considered. Naming snowplows is meant to be fun and lighthearted, so we’re going to keep this contest nonpartisan and nonpolitical.
- Past winners will also not be considered. You can find a full list of past winners by clicking here.
Minnesotans are encouraged to follow @MnDOT on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for updates on the 2022-23 Name a Snowplow contest.
For more information as well as winter weather alerts, safety messages, construction updates check out www.mndot.gov.
Copyright 2022 KVLY. All rights reserved.