$10,000 in damages following Grand Forks laundromat fire

Fire graphic
Fire graphic(VNL)
Published: Jul. 28, 2021 at 7:46 AM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

GRAND FORKS, N.D. (Valley News Live) - Oil-soaked rags are being blamed for a fire at a laundromat that caused around $10,000 in damages.

The Grand Forks Fire Department says it responded to the Bubble Laundry Company in the 1400 block of 12th Ave. S. around 5 a.m. on Wednesday, July 28.

When crews arrived, they learned the fire started in the laundromat and forced the people living above it to evacuate.

After an hour-and-a-half of working the scene, the laundromat opened back up and people were allowed back in their apartment.

No one was injured in the fire.

Copyright 2021 KVLY. All rights reserved.