Advertisement

UPDATE: Cigarette causes $365,000 in damage at Fargo apartment building

Updated: Jun. 14, 2021 at 4:21 PM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

FARGO, N.D. (Valley News Live) - The Fargo Fire Department says an improperly discarded cigarette is what sparked a fire, causing extensive damage to an apartment complex on Monday, June 14.

Fire Marshal Ryan Erickson says the fire started on the first floor patio. Two decks caught fire and flames could be seen climbing up the side of the building. Erickson says damage is estimated around $365,000.

It happened at 3325 17th Avenue South in the afternoon of June 14. 17th Avenue South had to be closed and traffic was re-routed as emergency crews put out the fire. No one was hurt, but a dog had to be rescued from a nearby unit.

Copyright 2021 KVLY. All rights reserved.