State files to up charges against man accused of stabbing, strangling teen girl
FARGO, N.D. (Valley News Live) - The Cass County State’s Attorney’s Office says they have filed a motion Thursday morning to increase charges against the man accused of stabbing and strangling a 14-year-old last Friday.
23-year-old Arthur Prince Kollie is currently charged with attempted murder, robbery and aggravated assault. 14-year-old Jupiter Paulsen was taken off life support earlier this week which now has the state looking to up Kollie’s attempted murder charge to murder.
Fargo Police say they were called to 4340 13th Ave. S. on June 4 after documents say a garbage man was driving through the parking lot and witnessed Kollie leaning over the victim. The witness stated Kollie had one hand on the teenage victim’s nose and the other hand on her throat. Documents say video surveillance shows Kollie spent around 25 minutes assaulting the victim before running off.
Documents say Kollie told investigators that he suffers from anxiety, depression and multiple personality disorder and is currently living at Stepping Stones Resource Center. Kollie stated he used meth on the afternoon before and had not slept since using.
Kollie stated he did not recall the assault, but documents say Kollie admitted to walking in the area at the time. Kollie did not admit to harming the victim, but documents say he had fresh cuts on his hand.
Court documents say when Kollie was told he was under arrest for robbery and attempted murder, Kollie responded by saying ‘attempted murder, as is she alive? Or what? What does attempted murder mean?’
As of 12:30 Thursday afternoon, Kollie’s charges have not yet been changed. The Cass County State’s Attorney’s Office says a judge will hopefully review their motion today and says they hope to get results before the end of the day.
Stick with Valley News Live as we continue to follow this developing story.
Copyright 2021 KVLY. All rights reserved.