Advertisement

Smoking materials ignited large apartment fire in Mandan

Mandan apartment fire
Mandan apartment fire(KFYR)
Published: Aug. 17, 2020 at 7:09 AM CDT
Email this link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

MANDAN, N.D. (AP) -

Police say a big fire at an apartment building in Mandan this week started accidentally with improperly discarded smoking materials.

Deputy Police Chief Lori Flaten said in a statement issued Friday. that the determination was made after examination of physical evidence and interviews with building occupants and witnesses.

Residents in 31 units of the third-story apartment building were displaced by the fire Monday evening.

Flaten says it began on a third-floor balcony.

It spread through the attic and consumed the building’s rooftop.

No one was injured in the fire.

(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Latest News

Latest News