Quantcast

Fargo Deck Fire Sparked By Cigarette - Valley News Live - KVLY/KXJB - Fargo/Grand Forks

Fargo Deck Fire Sparked By Cigarette

Posted: Updated:
 An apartment balcony in south Fargo started on fire from a cigarette that was not correctly put out.

Fargo Fire say flames were about two to three feet high on the deck at 5170 Amber Valley Parkway. They were able to put out the fire quickly but the deck was heavily damaged. The inside of the apartment and the one next door also has heavy smoke damage.

Though people were evacuated from area apartments,  no one was inside the apartment and there were no injuries. Officials say they see these kinds of fires far too often this time of year.

"This is a common day for deck fires. a hot windy day, that's when they sprout up the most often. We just caution people to be extra careful when they are out on their decks," Fargo Fire Battalion, Chief Bruce Anderson said.

Fire officials used fans to clear out the smoke the best they could before people were allowed back inside.





Powered by WorldNow
Powered by 

WorldNowAll content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Valley News Live. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.