Quantcast

Lightning Possible Cause for MN House Fire - Valley News Live - KVLY/KXJB - Fargo/Grand Forks

Lightning Possible Cause for MN House Fire

Posted: Updated:

Lighting could be the cause for an overnight house fire in rural Moorhead, Minnesota.

Clay County Deputies say they responded to a house fire around 12:50 AM Thursday morning at 5148 150th Ave. S., about 5 miles Northeast of Comstock, Minnesota. 

Officers say firefighters believe lightning hit the propane regulator on the side of the home and started the siding on fire.

The homeowners were able to put the fire out and shut off the propane before Sabin firefighters arrived. No one was hurt.

Emergency responders were concerned about the propane tank near the home but say luckily the homeowners were able to shut it off.

Officers say there's only minor damage to the outside of the home. 

Powered by WorldNow
Powered by 

WorldNowAll content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Valley News Live. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.