Quantcast

Smoke Inside Fargo Bar Causes Evacuation - Valley News Live - KVLY/KXJB - Fargo/Grand Forks

Smoke Inside Fargo Bar Causes Evacuation

Posted: Updated:
There was an evacuation today at a local bar and restaurant. Fire crews were called to the Windbreak in South Fargo.

When they arrived they found smoke in the building. One person working at the time said they saw sparks. But, crews found that one of the rooftop units failed. The units are used for heating and air conditioning.

The failure caused the unit to push smoke into the restaurant.

Meanwhile, The Flying J Convenience store next door lost power, and Cass County Electric worked to restore it.

"We did have a report that one of the workers thought they saw some sparks dropping down from the ceiling, we investigated that, and haven't found any problem in that area yet," says Tim Binfet, Fargo Fire Battalion Chief.

Crews are still looking into how the incident happened, and thankfully no one was injured.

The restaurant will need to replace their rooftop motor.
Powered by WorldNow
Powered by 

WorldNowAll content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Valley News Live. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.