Moorhead Fire Damages Garage - Valley News Live - KVLY/KXJB - Fargo/Grand Forks

Moorhead Fire Damages Garage

Posted: Updated:
A garage in South Moorhead has heavy damage, after it was fully engulfed with flames around 10:00 p.m. last night.

The homeowner was coming home on his motorcycle. Parked it in the garage and went inside.

He then smelled smoke, and noticed the motorcycle was on fire. He called 911.

Thankfully no one was injured.

The fire chief says the cause is likely a mechanical failure on his motorcycle.

"It's pretty common actually when we have a motorcycle or a car that starts on fire in the garage, and most houses have a firewall between the garage and the house, and this time it worked, and our guys got here quick to get the fire out before it started the house on fire," says Rich Duysen, Moorhead Fire Chief.

Damage to the garage is estimated around $20,000- 30,000.
Powered by WorldNow
Powered by 

WorldNowAll content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Valley News Live. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.