Dangerous Material Spill In Fargo, No Injuries - Valley News Live - KVLY/KXJB - Fargo/Grand Forks

Dangerous Material Spill In Fargo, No Injuries

Posted: Updated:
The Fargo hazardous material team was called to clean up some dangerous materials this morning.

It happened on 9th Ave South in Fargo, where homeowners were renovating their property.

They say they were trying to move a refrigerator from the 1940’s when it began to leak either ammonia or sulfur dioxide.

They called 911, concerned by the strong smell. No one was hurt and the mess is cleaned up, but fire crews say the homeowners did the right thing.

"When you are moving old things be sure that you take the proper precaution, do the best to move things around safely, and make sure you are aware of what you are doing," says Steve Dirksen, Fargo Fire Chief.

Fire crews say spills like this happen often, and it's always a good idea to call 911 when you suspect something could be dangerous.
Powered by WorldNow
Powered by 

WorldNowAll content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Valley News Live. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.