Quantcast

Fargo Fire Crews Called to Put Out Deck Fire - Valley News Live - KVLY/KXJB - Fargo/Grand Forks

Fargo Fire Crews Called to Put Out Deck Fire

Posted: Updated:
For the third time in two days Fargo Fire crews were called to put out a deck fire started by improperly discarded cigarettes.

It happened just after 2:30 Wednesday morning on the 1400 block of 20th St South.

A small area of the deck and house siding were burning when trucks arrived.  Damage was limited to the home’s exterior.  The cost is estimated to be less than $10,000.00.

Fargo Fire officials say they want to remind people who smoke to discard cigarette butts in some type of fire resistant container that will not ignite or spread fire.

They say ideally, smokers would use a container specifically made for cigarette butts. Any container used for cigarette butts should not be made of plastic, cardboard, or any type of ignitable material. Flowerpots with potting soil are also unsafe because the potting soil can ignite.
Powered by WorldNow
Powered by 

WorldNowAll content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Valley News Live. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.