The Jamestown Fire Department has concluded that the probable cause for the fourplex fire in Jamestown was smoking materials.
Fire Chief Jim Ruether said smoking materials could either be cigarettes, cigars, matches or lighters. Ten people were displaced after a fire broke out, forcing them to evacuate their home on March 23.
Officials reached the conclusion from information collected by firefighters, photos taken at the scene, information collected from interviews and private fire investigators. The investigation is now wrapped up unless further evidence is obtained.
Ten people are without homes after a fire at an apartment complex over the weekend.
The Jamestown fire department was called to the four-plex apartment around 2:30 Saturday morning.
Fire Lieutenant Sheldon Mohr said everyone living in the apartments was evacuated by the time crews arrived.
Damage estimates are still being put together as investigators try to figure out what started the early morning blaze.
There were no injuries reported.