Quantcast

A Surge In Safety Springs From Crookston Tragedy - Valley News Live - KVLY/KXJB - Fargo/Grand Forks

A Surge In Safety Springs From Crookston Tragedy

Posted: Updated:

  Kent and Natalie Ostgaard died at their Crookston home last week from carbon monoxide poisoning, apparently caused by a faulty furnace. Their daughter Aryanna is still recovering.

  However, some good news has sprung from that tragedy. The manager here says, they've had a run on the sale of carbon monoxide detectors at their Crookston and Grand Forks Walmart stores.

  And down in Climax, they're taking the push for safety a step further. The Community Club and Fire Department are reimbursing residents, when they purchase a carbon monoxide detector.

Todd Evenson, Climax Community Club: "Bring the receipt to the Community Club and we'll reimburse them up to $50.

  Evenson says the offer is for Climax Community Club members. However, officials are hoping other communities follow their lead.

Reporter: "Carbon Monoxide is tasteless, odorless… you'll just go to sleep?"

Chad Gunderson, Climax Fire Chief: "Yeah, you'll go to sleep. You'll have no idea that it's there without a tester."

  Gunderson says the installation of a carbon monoxide detector, along with a smoke detector in your home is the only way to keep your family safe.

   A free willing offering dinner gets underway at 6 o'clock Monday night at the Climax Community Center, as a fund raiser for the Ostgaard family of Crookston.

  The fire department will also be giving a demonstration on the importance of carbon monoxide and smoke detectors in your home.

Powered by WorldNow
Powered by 

WorldNowAll content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Valley News Live. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.