Quantcast

Early Morning Attic Fire in Fargo - Valley News Live - KVLY/KXJB - Fargo/Grand Forks

Early Morning Attic Fire in Fargo

Posted: Updated:

Three people have had to leave their home after Fargo firefighters knocked down an attic fire early Tuesday morning.

It happened at 1827 3rd Avenue North around 3:30 a.m. 

When crews arrived, light smoke had filled the home but they were able to quickly put out the flames. 

A portion of the kitchen ceiling did have to be removed so that crews could get to the fire, and there is some structural damage to the roof. But firefighters say most the fire and smoke damage is in the attic.

The three people, 5 dogs and a cat living there won't be able to stay, since the electricity has been shut off.

The Red Cross and Salvation Army are both helping the three people out. 
No one was hurt. 

At this time it appears the fire was accidental and possibly caused by an electrical problem in the attic. The final determination of the cause remains under investigation.

Several space heaters were being used throughout the house. The Fargo Fire Department wants to remind everyone to always plug space heaters directly into an electrical outlet and do not use extension cords because they can quickly overheat. 

 

Powered by WorldNow
Powered by 

WorldNowAll content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Valley News Live. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.