Quantcast

Four Displaced after Moorhead Home is Destroyed in Fire - Valley News Live - KVLY/KXJB - Fargo/Grand Forks

Four Displaced after Moorhead Home is Destroyed in Fire

Posted: Updated:

A Moorhead family's home is considered a total loss after a fire was reported just before 2:00 p.m. on Monday. The home is located at 1224 15th Avenue North, which is #15 at the Mobile Manor in Moorhead.

Assistant Fire Chief Jeff Wallin says the fire is ruled accidental. A homeowner was using a kerosene heater to try and thaw out frozen water and sewer lines under the mobile home when some insulation started on fire. The homeowners were not able to put the flames out, and they spread up into the home.

Raymon and Winter Pritchett escaped with their two young children. The family will be staying with friends and relatives, but the Red Cross is helping out with food, clothing, and other essentials. The Red Cross also provided stuffed animals for the children courtesy of the Walt Disney Company.

Powered by WorldNow
Powered by 

WorldNowAll content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Valley News Live. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.