Fargo Man Barely Escapes Home Filled With Carbon Monoxide - Valley News Live - KVLY/KXJB - Fargo/Grand Forks

Fargo Man Barely Escapes Home Filled With Carbon Monoxide

Posted: Updated:

Fargo firefighters say a leaking furnace almost lead to a tragedy in north Fargo Wednesday morning.

Fire crews were called to a home on the 1500 block of north University just after 7:00 am when the people inside called 911 to report the smell of natural gas.

Firefighters found high-readings of carbon monoxide inside in the home.  While in the lower level they had to wake up a man who was sleeping and were able to get him out.

The home is split into 2 apartments.  A total of 5 people live there and everyone was able to get out safely. 

Investigators say they discovered a leak from the furnace.  The people in the home had just turned on the furnace Wednesday morning.

Fire crews are now working to get the gas out of the home.  They say this is a good reminder to have your furnace checked out by an expert before you turn it on for the winter.


Powered by WorldNow
Powered by 

WorldNowAll content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Valley News Live. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.