Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEW YORK, Oct. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Global Membrane Bioreactor (MBR) Market
Soaring Demand in Developing Markets Fuels Growth Momentum
The global membrane MBR market was worth $838.2 million in 2011 and is expected to witness positive growth and revenue sales through 2018. This does, however, mask important trends. While Europe and North America have been the traditional markets for MBR sales, it is Asia Pacific and the Middle East that are anticipated to be the leading markets in the upcoming years. Municipalities, which are important large buyers of MBR technology, will be the driving forces in Asia Pacific while many companies will look to industrial clients in Europe and North America for sales. This research service provides a comprehensive market overview, forecasting technology, market revenue, and unit sales, as well as offering an in-depth competitor analysis.
• The global membrane bioreactor (MBR) market was valued at $X million in 2011, and recorded an annual growth rate ofX per cent. The compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2011 to 2018 is estimated to be aroundX per cent.
• Two vertical markets contributed to the overall market growth: The municipal sector and the industrial sector. The municipal sector accounted for Xper cent of the global market revenue, while the industrial sector took up the remaining Xper cent. Large scale municipal projects are underway in the developing markets in Asia-Pacific, whilst small to medium sized industrial projects are the growth point in developed markets, such as North America and Europe.
• The market can be divided into two membrane configurations: Hollow fiber and flatsheet MBR membranes. About X per cent of the overall market revenue was contributed by hollow fiber MBR membranes and the remaining X per cent came from the sales of flatsheet MBR membranes.
• The developed markets of North America and Europe are expected to witness flat growth for the next five years, whereas the developing markets of Asia-Pacific, the Middle East, and Africa are the dynamic regions with anticipated growth rates of between X to X per cent.
1. The market is growing rapidly, with China and the Middle East driving the growth momentum.
2. Developed markets are registering relatively flat growth, with low single-digit growth anticipated in the future.
3. Energy efficiency, an attractive payback period, and a prolonged life span are the key success factors.
4. Established local/regional leaders and global competitors dominate the developing and developed markets, respectively.
5. Strategically aligned joint ventures are crucial to penetrate some of the high-potential markets.
The global membrane bioreactor (MBR) market includes the total industry revenue for MBR units. An MBR unit comprises an activated biological reactor with a membrane system, which could perform micro filtration, ultra filtration, or reverse osmosis. The configuration of the MBR unit may follow the fiber or flat sheet MBR module. Typical designs include a membrane submerged in an aeration tank or in direct contact with wastewater through a suction vacuum pump for pressurized filtration. Some MBR designs feature membranes mounted externally, instead of submerged. This study covers MBR applications in both the municipal and the industrial sectors. The sizes of the installations ranges from XmX/day to more than X mX/day. This study covers four major regions: Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and Africa, Europe, and The Americas (North America and Latin America) A typical MBR comprises membrane elements (hollow fiber/flatsheet), activated sludge, a container (tank), vacuum equipment, and a connection system.
• The activated sludge acts as the biological media that degrades the organic pollutants in the wastewater, with appropriate aeration.
• The vacuum pump helps with the filtration of the treated wastewater by creating pressure differences on either side of the membrane.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
• Is the market growing? How fast it is growing? What are the market trends and regional evolution?
• Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
• Will these companies/products/services continue to exist or will they be acquired by other companies? What are the key growth strategies for long-term sustainability of the companies?
• What are the MBR system technology trends?
• Are the vendors in the space ready to go it alone, or do they need partnerships to take their businesses to the next level?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. MBR Market
• External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
• Forecasts and Trends
• Market Share and Competitive Analysis
• Megatrends and Industry Convergence Implications
4. The CEO's 360 Degree Perspective
5. Municipal Segment
6. Industrial Segment
7. Regional Breakdown
• Middle East and Africa
• The Americas
8. The Last Word
To order this report: Global Membrane Bioreactor (MBR) Market
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.