Quantcast

Gas Leak Evacuates Fargo Apartment Building - Valley News Live - KVLY/KXJB - Fargo/Grand Forks

Gas Leak Evacuates Fargo Apartment Building

Posted: Updated:

Dozens of disabled tenants were displaced for about an hour Monday afternoon when a gas leak caused some alarm in downtown Fargo at the New Horizons Manor building.

The fire marshal says the heat may have been a factor in starting a fire in the controller box near some propane tanks which then led to a gas leak.

All tenants were evacuated but the heat was a concern for emergency responders. First Responders then called in help as a safety measure.

Fire Marshal Norman Scott told Valley News Live "It's so hot out today we put a call out to other businesses. We tried to get other businesses to take them in, we also put a call out to city buses until we got the situation under control."

The tenants were able to return home this Monday afternoon with no damage done to the building.

Powered by WorldNow
Powered by 

WorldNowAll content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Valley News Live. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.