Quantcast

House Fire Started By Lighting in Moorhead - Valley News Live - KVLY/KXJB - Fargo/Grand Forks

House Fire Started By Lighting in Moorhead

Posted: Updated:

A house fire was started around 10 p.m. by lighting from Tuesday nights storm in Moorhead. 

Firefighters say lighting looked like it hit the peak of the home and started a fire in one of the dryer vents. The homeowner tried to put the fire out himself. He says he called 911 when he heard ammunition that was stored in the basement going off.     

Since the home is in a rural area, plumbing is not set up for fire hydrants. Crews had to bring in drop tanks for water. 

Fire crews say the smoke damage is extensive throughout the home and there is fire damage in the basement. 

 

  • Local NewsMore>>

  • Fire Destroys Part of Beltrami Business

    Fire Destroys Part of Beltrami Business

    Beltrami Fire Department says part of a business is destroyed after an early morning fire. Firefighters say they were called out around 1:00 a.m. to a fire at the Beltrami Mall.  Crews say West Central
    Fire departments from Fertile, Ada, Borup and Crookston were called also to the scene.
  • Potholes are Popping Up!

    Potholes are Popping Up!

    Spring is more than a season of flowers blooming and snow melting, it is pothole season. Potholes are caused by the expansion and contraction of ground water after the water entered into the ground under
    Spring is more than a season of flowers blooming and snow melting, it is pothole season.
  • Truck Driver Saves Kittens On The Highway

    Truck Driver Saves Kittens On The Highway

    Four kittens will now have a home thanks to a semi-truck driver's curiosity. The driver saw a box on the side of a gravel road while driving down a highway in Borup, Minnesota. He pulled over and inside
    Four kittens will now have a home thanks to a semi-truck driver's curiosity. The driver saw a box on the side of a gravel road while driving down a highway in Borup, Minnesota. He pulled over and inside
Powered by WorldNow
Powered by 

WorldNowAll content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Valley News Live. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.