Quantcast

House Fire Started By Lighting in Moorhead - Valley News Live - KVLY/KXJB - Fargo/Grand Forks

House Fire Started By Lighting in Moorhead

Posted: Updated:

A house fire was started around 10 p.m. by lighting from Tuesday nights storm in Moorhead. 

Firefighters say lighting looked like it hit the peak of the home and started a fire in one of the dryer vents. The homeowner tried to put the fire out himself. He says he called 911 when he heard ammunition that was stored in the basement going off.     

Since the home is in a rural area, plumbing is not set up for fire hydrants. Crews had to bring in drop tanks for water. 

Fire crews say the smoke damage is extensive throughout the home and there is fire damage in the basement. 

 

Powered by WorldNow
Powered by 

WorldNowAll content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Valley News Live. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.