UPDATE: Woman Rescued from Red River Dies - Valley News Live - KVLY/KXJB - Fargo/Grand Forks

UPDATE: Woman Rescued from Red River Dies

Posted: Updated:


The woman involved in two recent water rescues from the Red River died on Thursday, June 6, at approximately 12:40 p.m. as a result of the last incident which took place on Monday, June 3.

the 41-year-old was hospitalized since Monday's incident. Police identify the woman as Sabrina Quintana of Fargo.

The incident remains under investigation by the Fargo Police Department and the Cass County Coroner's Office.


The Fargo Police Department has determined the woman pulled from the Red River early Monday morning is the same woman they rescued one week ago.

Just before 1:30 a.m. Monday, June 3, the Fargo Police Department responded to a 911 call from a woman who said she was in the river. The dispatcher was able to link the phone number to a phone which was used on May 24, 2013.

The May 24 call was from a woman who claimed she had fallen in the river. The woman was located in the water near the boat ramp and taken to Sanford for treatment. At the time of the May 24 incident the woman alleged she had fallen into the river while going to the bathroom near the river's edge.

Monday, emergency personnel found a cell phone near Midtown Dam in the same location as the call on May 24, 2013. The Fargo Fire Department found the woman about 20 yards north of the boat ramp. She was pulled from the water and taken to Sanford Health. As late Monday morning, her condition is listed as critical.

The victim is the same person who was rescued from the river on May 24. The Fargo Police Department is not releasing her name, but we do know she is a 41-year-old from Fargo.



Fargo firefighters dressed in cold water rescue suits pulled a woman from the Red River early Monday morning.  It happened around 1:30am.

Firefighters say the woman was not breathing and did not have a pulse when they pulled her out. They think she was in the water for about 15 minutes.

Area dispatch received a call saying the person was near the river before the line went dead.
Dispatchers traced the call to the a location near dike east.

20 emergency responders from Fargo Fire, FM Ambulance and Fargo and Moorhead Police found the woman floating in the water about 15 minutes after getting the call.

Sgt. Shaw/Fargo Police: "They were able to find the phone on the bank and no one was around. We started searching the river bank and called for Fargo Fire Water Rescue and they were able to locate an individual farther north of our location here."

The woman pulled from the water was rushed to the hospital. Her condition is not known yet.
Powered by WorldNow
Powered by 

WorldNowAll content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Valley News Live. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.