Quantcast

Early Morning Dryer Fire in South Fargo - Valley News Live - KVLY/KXJB - Fargo/Grand Forks

Early Morning Dryer Fire in South Fargo

Posted: Updated:

Crews responded to the 3500 block of 30th Street South, in Fargo, for a report of smoke coming from the basement just around 3:30 this morning.

Firefighters found light smoke in the basement and tracked it to an overheating dryer starting to catch the clothes on fire.

The fire was put out quickly without spreading throughout the house and without having to use any water, only causing damage to the dryer.

Fargo Fire Department, Captain David Conrad, says this type of event is not un-common especially in older dryers. "Sometimes older dryers just malfunction every once and a while keeping up good housekeeping cleaning the dryer vents and every thing like that really goes a long ways."

No one was injured and everyone inside the home was able to get outside safely.

Powered by WorldNow
Powered by 

WorldNowAll content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Valley News Live. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.