Quantcast

25th Street South Could Get Major Facelift - Valley News Live - KVLY/KXJB - Fargo/Grand Forks

25th Street South Could Get Major Facelift

Posted: Updated:

The City of Fargo plans to widen a portion of 25th St. South from 17th Avenue to 23rd Avenue South, pending approval from the city commission.

The proposal comes after a corridor study conducted in the area suggests that portion of roadway be widened as well as the addition of an Eastbound entrance ramp to Interstate 94 from the 25th Street bridge.

Right now, city engineers plan to tack on an additional North and Southbound lane making the proposed section a six lane highway. In order to add the entrance ramp to I-94, the city needs approval from the North Dakota DOT and Federal Highway Administration to start that construction. A proposal has already been prepared, but engineers aren't certain they'll move forward with that part of the project.

If approved, construction could start as early as this time next year and go through October 1, 2014. The Fargo City Commission, could hold a vote on this project in middle May.

Cost for the project without the I-94 entrance ramp is estimated at $9 Million, with the entrance ramp, $10.5 Million. 80% is federally funded and the city will cover the other 20% of the project.  

The city is holding a public meeting on this project, scheduled for: Thursday, April 18 at Fargo City Hall in the commission chambers (200 3rd St. N.) from 5:30-7:30 p.m. 

Powered by WorldNow
Powered by 

WorldNowAll content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Valley News Live. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.