Quantcast

Healthier Me: Magnet Ingestion Dangers - Valley News Live - KVLY/KXJB - Fargo/Grand Forks

Healthier Me: Magnet Ingestion Dangers

Posted: Updated:

 

In Monday's Healthier Me, doctors say swallowing magnets is a growing problem among young children.

 

X-rays show what happens inside the body when kids swallow the tiny, powerful magnets found in toys and other household items: the magnets can adhere to one another through loops in the gastro-intestinal tract, which may cause a potentially deadly bowel perforation.

 

Experts suggest pediatricians may want to talk about magnet safety with parents starting at a baby's 18-month check-up.

 

Powered by WorldNow
Powered by 

WorldNowAll content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Valley News Live. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.