Quantcast

Fire Damages N. Fargo Home - Valley News Live - KVLY/KXJB - Fargo/Grand Forks

Fire Damages N. Fargo Home

Posted: Updated:

 

This pile of burnt debris is a reminder of the danger that took place at this home in North Fargo just hours before.

 

"We got a call from a neighbor who saw a fire coming," says Capt.. Tim Binfet, Fargo Fire Department. Fire crews arrived at the home around 5:00 a.m. and worked quick to put out a fire. "There was a large amount of paper in the house and we were making sure the fire didn't rekindle that's why we are still here," says Capt.. Binfet. As firefighters clean up the mess the flames left, they say this is a grim reminder to everyone.

"There were a number of chords and space heaters inside," says Capt.. Binfet. And that's where officials believe the fire was started. "Extension chords and space heaters do not go together well," says Capt.. Binfet. Capt.. Binfet says he knows that with the cooler temperatures, people may be cranking up extra heat. "Alot of people have space heaters on," says Capt.. Binfet. But you have to make sure you're using them properly, away from any objects, in hopes to be safe from disasters like this. "This is a great example of something gone wrong," says Capt.. Binfet.

Powered by WorldNow
Powered by 

WorldNowAll content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Valley News Live. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.