Fire At Cass County Jail - Valley News Live - KVLY/KXJB - Fargo/Grand Forks

Fire At Cass County Jail

Posted: Updated:

Inmates are just getting out of lockdown after a late afternoon scare at the Cass County Jail, here a fire started in the laundry room.

It happened just before four. Laundry room workers noticed a fire that started from a lint trap. Maintenance had been in yesterday working on the dryers.

Firefighters spent 45 minutes trying to ventilate the area. The building went into lock down during the process.

"Most of the fire had already been extinguished, but it did re-kindle so we were able to hit it with another extinguisher and complete putting the fire out." says Fargo Fire Cpt. Keith Johnson.

Sheriff Department Sgt. Tara Morris says, "There was a few inmates that needed to be moved around, but nothing major, we were very fortunate that the fire department was able to respond so quickly and get the situation under control."

There were no injury's, all staff and inmates were safe.

Powered by WorldNow
Powered by 

WorldNowAll content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Valley News Live. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.