Quantcast

2 People Sent to Hospital for Smoke Inhalation, Building Destroy - Valley News Live - KVLY/KXJB - Fargo/Grand Forks

2 People Sent to Hospital for Smoke Inhalation, Building Destroyed by Fire

Posted: Updated:

   A welder and a Dilworth, Minnesota firefighter were taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation Wednesday afternoon.

  The Dilworth Fire Chief tells Valley News Live that a fire most likely started when a man was welding inside a large storage unit/repair shop along Highway 10.

  The man tried to put out the fire, but was unable to. He was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation. A firefighter was also taken to the hospital after going through two air tanks on the fire scene. Paramedics say his injuries are not life threatening but wanted him checked out at the hospital for precaution after noticing signs of smoke inhalation and overexertion.

Polyurethane foam insulting the building is blamed for causing the heavy smoke and flames that shut down highway ten and gave firefighters so much trouble.  

  The building located in the 800 block of Center Avenue West is said to be a total loss.

Powered by WorldNow
Powered by 

WorldNowAll content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Valley News Live. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.