Fargo Navy Week is scheduled for July 20-26, 2015, coincident with the Fargo AirSho, and is designed to provide area residents an opportunity to learn about the Navy, its people, and its importance to national security and prosperity.
The Navy plans to include the following elements in this week-long celebration:
- "Blue Angels," The Navy Flight Demonstration Team
- "Leap Frogs," The Navy Parachute Team
- Navy Divers and or Navy Explosive Ordinance Disposal teams
- Sailors from USS Constitution, the oldest commissioned warship afloat in the world
- Navy Band musical performances
- Admirals and other senior Navy leaders, who will engage with local corporate, civic, government and education leaders
- Navy simulator(s) and other interactive displays
- Visits to area schools
- Community service projects and events with local sports franchises
- Visits with local veterans
The Navy Week program began in 2005, and NAVCO has since coordinated 169 Navy Weeks in 69 U.S. cities.
Navy Weeks focus a variety of outreach assets, equipment and personnel in a single city for a week-long series of engagements with key influencers and organizations representing all sectors of the market.
More than 75 outreach events are coordinated during a Navy Week with corporate, civic, government, education, media, veterans, community service and diversity organizations within the host city.
Other cities selected to host a 2015 Navy Week include: Quad Cities, Iowa; Rhode Island; Rockford, Ill.; Cheyenne, Wyo.; Shreveport, La.; Indianapolis; Kansas City, Mo.; Detroit; Salt Lake City; Oklahoma City; and Atlanta.