The United Way kicked off its 20th annual School Supply Drive today in Fargo.
Students from about 65 local schools in the F-M area will receive backpacks and other school supplies to prepare them for the upcoming school year.
A counselor at Horizon Middle School says she believes this event gives kids the confidence to take on the school year.
"It brings joy to me and I know many others to imagine students popping their filled backpacks onto their backs and confidently strolling in some cases dashing into the school building to start the year strong proud confident and ready to take on the year." said Rachel Lerum.
Officials say last year, over 5,000 local K-12 students were equipped with backpacks and school supplies thanks to the United Way School Supply Drive.
You can donate school supplies until July 27th.
2018 DATES TO KNOW:
• Donate supplies or give: July 11 - July 27 GIVE ONLINE NOW: $20 will help 1 student
• Volunteer registrations opens: Wednesday, July 11 at noon
• Volunteer opportunities: July 24 - August 7
• Distributions to families in need: August 4 and August 7
• Deadline to donate supplies: 4:00pm on Friday, July 27
• Please bring donations of supplies to the FARGODOME before 4:00pm on Friday, July 27.
DROP OFF DONATIONS AT ANY OF THESE LOCATIONS:
• FARGODOME Mon-Fri 9am-4pm
• All First International Bank & Trust locations
• All Gate City Bank Locations (see a full list of hours and locations here)
• West Acres Mon-Sat 10am-9pm & Sun 12-6pm
DONATIONS OF SCHOOL SUPPLIES NEEDED:
• New backpacks
• Pencil pouches
• Crayons (24 count)
• Glue sticks
• Bottles of glue
• Wide markers (10 count)
• Narrow markers (10 count)
• Colored pencils (12 count)
• Pointed scissors
• Blue and black pens
• Red pens
• 2-pocket folders
• 1” 3-ring binders
• Spiral notebooks*
• Composition notebooks*
• Loose leaf paper*
*college ruled & wide ruled
You can visit the United Way website to see school supplies needed specific to each grade.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
• Read more details below
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Call: 701-237-5050