FARGO -- A sprinkler system is credited with minimizing what most likely would have been significant fire damage at Macy's in West Acres.
Fargo firefighters responded to an alarm at 2:42 a.m. Sunday and discovered a sprinkler head had activated and put out a fire in an office at the department store.
The fire was determined to have started due to an overheated electrical device. The fire spread to office furniture before being extinguished by the sprinkler system. A damage assessment was not available.