FARGO (Valley News Live) Who doesn't like cupcakes...especially when they are tied to helping a good cause?
"Cupcakes for a Cure" was held Wednesday to raise funds for kids fighting cancer.
The money will be used to purchase specialized equipment for pediatric cancer care, advance cancer research, and provide unique programs and services to patients and their families.
This is the second time Fantasies in Frosting in south Fargo has taken part in the event.
After quickly running out to of cupcakes last year, they made sure they were prepared for the rush this year.
Darla Julin, owner of Fantasies in Frosting, said she jumped at the chance to be involved again, and even enlisted the help of her family and staff in baking an extra 500 cupcakes to meet demand.
"The first time around? no...not expecting that type of response at all. I mean we just thought well maybe they'll be sold out by like maybe 3 or 4 o'clock. It was supposed to go till six,not an hour and 10 minutes. That was nuts" Julin said.
The event is tied to a campaign that benefits the Sanford Roger Maris Cancer Center.
There are more events planed this month to support local kids fighting cancer at Sanford Children's Hospital and the Roger Maris Cancer Center.
The details for those events are found below:
Go Gold with the Fargo Moorhead Roller Derby Girls
• When: Sept. 16, 6 p.m.
• Where: Southwest Youth Hockey Arena, 4404 23rd Ave. S., Fargo
• Details: Brave Kids Bold Cures will be the featured charity of the derby match.
Dining to Donate
• When: Sept. 19, 11 a.m. to close
• Where: Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar locations in Fargo, Grand Forks, Devils Lake and Jamestown, North Dakota, and Fergus Falls, Minnesota
• Details: Stop by your favorite Applebee's, tell your server that you're dining for Brave Kids Bold Cures and 20 percent of your bill will be donated to the cause.
Brave Enough to Bowl
• When: Sept. 21, 1 to 5 p.m.
• Where: The Bowler, 2630 S. University Drive, Fargo
• Details: Help strike out childhood cancer as groups get together for bowling, raffles, incentive prizes, food specials and other fun games.
• Registration: http://bravekidsboldcures.com/resources/Brave-Enough-to-Bowl-Application.pdf
Brave Cuts Bold Colors
• When: Sept. 28, 5:30 to 8 p.m.
• Where: The Stone Building (former Avalon Events Center), 613 First Ave. N., Fargo
• More details: Support kids battling cancer by getting a wacky haircut or boldly dyed hair by the stylists at Josef's School of Hair Design.
• Registration: https://www.crowdrise.com/BraveCutsBoldColors2017